Ossipee Public Library
Trustee Meeting 10/2019
08 October 2019/ 12:45PM
Jack Fogarty, Patricia Pustell, Jane ter Kuile, Alison Hayford, Donna Gridley, Maria Moulton, Denise Castle
Meeting called to order at 12:47pm
Update from Donna Gridley. The budget committee is expecting us to continue to spend down our Wells Fargo Account in the next budget year. The budget committee is supportive of our carpet project. Donna will let us know the date our warrant article is due.
1. SECRETARY’S REPORT approved (DC, PP)
2. TREASURER’S REPORT approved (AH, DC)
3. DIRECTOR’S REPORT approved (AH, DC)
· Patricia will reach out to Carl Tyler to see if he would be interested in helping with our computer and IT need
· Maria will get a quote for mini splits.
· Maria will be submitting Doris Ann Allenson and Terri Wheeler’s names to serve as alternate trustees.
· The boiler cleaning bill was paid by the library and a copy was given to the Town. In the past this bill has been paid by the Department of Public Works. We composed a letter to ask the selectmen what maintenance costs we are to expect.
· Budget: We will plan on transferring the Wells Fargo money to our library revenue account in 2020. November 4th we will present our budget to the selectmen. Denise and Jack will be there. Wednesday, November 13th at 6:30pm at the Freight House we will present our budget to the budget committee. Patricia moved that we accept the budget we calculated for 2020. DC second, motion passed.
· Potential warrant article wording: To see if the Town will raise and appropriate the sum of 45,000 for the purpose of replacing the carpet in the Ossipee Public Library. The sum to come from the town’s
unreserved fund balance (surplus) no amount of such 45,000 to be raised from taxation.
· Programs: October: Sound of Soul and a program on choice by Brian Newbury in November. Alison has reached out to Daniela Thompson on offering a program on taking and organizing photos with iPhones.
Meeting adjourned at 2:34 (JF, PP)
November 12th at 12:45pm