Ossipee Public Library
September 10, 2019
Roll Call: Patricia Pustell, Alison Hayford, Jack Fogarty, Denise Castle, Maria Moulton
Guest: Donna Gridley
Call to Order: 12:47pm
Donna Gridley was introduced and explained her position as our representative on the budget committee.
Approval of Agenda- Added Ossipee Round Table meeting to agenda. Approved (AH, PP)
Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Approved (DC, PP)
Treasurer’s Report: Accepted (AH, PP)
Library Director’s Report: Accepted (AH, DC)
We discussed the walkway. As it makes it difficult for people to come in. Maria will post on the website that the sidewalks are under construction and to call if you need a hand getting in the building.
Patricia is planning on meeting the Ossipee Central School principal.
Carpet-We will be submitting a warrant article to fund the project. Maria will get a current quote from Heckman’s. We discussed asking for the monies to come from the undesignated reserve fund and not taxation. Donna explained the process.
Heating/cooling unit: Maria is expecting to see Air Duct plus to clean the boiler and do a quote for a heating/cooling unit.
There is a regional meeting September 25th and 5:30pm at the Moultonboro Public Library. Patricia is planning on attending. There is no fee.
The Friends will meet on the 17th. Ali will email options for picnic tables so the Friends can approve.
Patricia is working with the Mountain View Community to organize visits and book borrowing. Maria will look into visiting the home to sign interested residents up for library cards.
Patricia will call the school to meet and find out their needs and interests and open up communication.
We discussed promoting Hannah Newbury’s new book and visit.
Next meeting: Tuesday, October 8th at 12:45
Budget: We discussed the budget and proposed budget. We made adjustments to plan for increased utility expenses and increasing programs.
Maria shared a thank you letter from a patron.
Meeting adjourned at 2:14 (JF, PP)