OSSIPEE PUBLIC LIBRARY TRUSTEES MEETING
DATE: May 12, 2017
PLACE: Ossipee Public Library
PRESENT: Chairman: John Mingori
Treasurer: Judy Perry
Secretary: Jane ter Kuile
Member: Dot Kwiatkowski
Library Director: Maria Moulton
Public: Ski Kwiatkowski
Next Meeting Date: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 4:00PM
John called the meeting to order at 3:00 p.m.
The Secretary’s report for the April, 7, 2017 meeting was read and accepted. John motioned, Dot seconded.
The Treasurer’s report was reviewed and accepted. Jane motioned, Dot seconded. Judy reported that Elaine had found an error when reconciling the checkbook due to back dating posting of a transaction. She had a problem using the computer and was unable to get everything updated correctly. The motion was revised to accept with corrections.
The Library Director’s report was presented by Maria. Jane motioned and Judy seconded. Maria reported that the Hannaford Cause Bag program had generated $7.00 for the first week. She has also begun getting numbers for the carpet replacement. She contacted Wolfeboro who replaced carpet in 2004. They used RD Weiss Company out of Allston MA as they moved the shelving for the installation. There is also a company, National Library Relocations, who will move the books and shelving. Some libraries chose to carpet around the shelving. Maria also met with Bret Sutcriffe of Eco Electric to get a quote for a mini split A/C unit. He was to email her a quote which she hasn’t received. Town Hall is currently getting quotes for these units and Maria will contact Steve McConarty to get names of contractors. Maria reported that computers continue to be problems and she got a quote of $7,526.48 for 10 computers. These would be Windows 10 with a Microsoft Office package. John polled the Board and motioned to purchase the computers, Dot seconded.
Officers for the year ending March, 2018, will remain as they are with John as Chair, Judy as Treasurer and Jane as Secretary.
Maria had looked at the upstairs room to see if the seating area that Denise proposed last month could be worked in. She felt that moving a table would allow space for such an area. We will look at that next month.
John asked that the trustees look at the current layout of the stacks in anticipation of carpeting and report back next month.
Maria read a statement on planned giving that will be added to the web site. Calls will go to her for follow up.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:55…
Jane ter Kuile, Secretary