Ossipee Public Library Trustee Meeting Minutes April 15, 2020
Attendees: Dot Allenson, Jack Fogarty, Pat Pustell, Terry Wheeler, Jane ter Kuile (remote), Maria Moulton (Director)
Meeting called to order: 10:07am
Secretary’s Report: All approved through roll call vote (DA1, JF2)
Treasurer’s Report: All approved through roll call vote (TW1, DA2)
Director’s Report: All approved through roll call vote (PP1, DA2)
· Budget: Operating budget passed, but Maria suggested postponing hiring a part-time librarian. The Carpet Warrant also passed, but installation will have to wait to see when the town has the money for it.
· The Footpath is being postponed due to town’s lack of funds and pandemic
· Mini-splits have been installed.
· Election of Officers: Jack made a motion to nominate Pat Pustell as Chair. There was no second. Pat motioned to nominate Terry Wheeler as Chair, Jack Fogarty as Treasurer and herself as Secretary. Dot seconded the motion.
Pat’s motion was unanimously approved by roll call vote. Newly elected Board
Officers are: Terry Wheeler, Chair; Jack Fogarty, Treasurer; and Pat Pustell, Secretary.
· Procedures with Covid-19 virus closure of the library: The following Library Policy for Closure of the Library during a Pandemic was proposed jointly by the Board and Library Director and read and unanimously approved by the Board by roll call vote (PP1, JF2):
“ ‘The Ossipee Public Library Closure Policy’ The Ossipee Public Library will close due to a pandemic in the event of a mandate order or recommendation for closure issued by public health or government officials on the local, county, or state level. The Board of Trustees will pay full wages and benefits including health coverage to library staff while the library is closed.”
The policy will be updated and reviewed as necessary.
· Petty Cash Policy: Maria proposed a Petty Cash Policy. The policy was unanimously approved by roll call vote. (TW1, JF2)
· Building Maintenance and Cleaning: Maria will call the cleaner to see about having the library cleaned during closure.
· Trustee Conference: The May conference has been cancelled.
· Reopening the Library: Reopening will be discussed at the next meeting.
· Other: Maria will inquire about the Tax Aid Program and consider how the library can be available for the program during the shutdown.
MEETING ADJOURNED: 11:30 (DA1, JF2)
NEXT MEETING: Scheduled for Monday, May 11 at 10am