Ossipee Public Library Trustees’ Meeting
March 10, 2017
Present: John Mingori, Chairman; Judy Perry, Treasurer; Dottie Kwiatkowski; Denise Castle; and Maria Moulton, Library Director
Next Meeting: Friday, April 7, 2017 at 3 pm.
John called the meeting to order at 3:10 pm.
The Secretary’s Report for February 17, 2017 was read and accepted (JM/DK). John informed us that the Garden Club won’t be having a Pampered Chef fundraiser in the meeting room. Judy mentioned that she knows someone she may ask to consider the alternate trustee position.
The Treasurer’s Report was reviewed and accepted (JM/DK). Judy told us that the Account Manager from Wells Fargo called her to talk about our plans for the money in the account.
The Library Director’s report was read and accepted (JM/DK).
Unfinished Business: John read the new Volunteer Policy. Maria spoke with Craig Brady, the Rec. Dept. Director about volunteer policies. He said he does a background check on his volunteers. The background check is good for 2 years. Maria asked Ellen White, Town Administrator if the town has a volunteer policy and if library volunteers are covered under the town insurance policy if they should get hurt while volunteering. Ellen will get back to us with answers to these questions.
* Denise saw that some libraries have a section on their websites with information about planned giving. Maria will talk to Jen about the possibility of putting something on our website about planned giving.
*We talked about creating a “wish list” of improvements for the library with the idea of applying for some grants to help with the costs involved. Denise suggested that we first look at the reference room and the periodical/computer rooms. We will come to our next meeting with ideas for those rooms.
*Maria got a quote from Sean McManus for framing the maps that are hanging on the walls in the Reference Room. The board decided not to frame the maps, but to consider hanging something else on the walls and having the maps more accessible.
* Denise wondered if the town might have some artwork in storage that we may display in the library. She will talk to someone at the Town Hall to find out.
*The board voted to hire Sean McManus to paint the foyer (JM/DK).
*We discussed getting new carpet for the library. Maria will talk to Brad Harriman about the funding of this project. Is it the Town’s responsibility through a warrant article? Is it the Trustees responsibility to raise the funds? Etc.
*Maria will talk to Brad Harriman about Eversource trimming the trees around the Power Lines.
The meeting adjourned at 4:25 pm (JM/DK).
Respectfully Submitted, Denise Castle (MKM)