While the Library building is still closed to the public, the Ossipee Public Library is offering Outside Pick Up, Drop-off Copy and Fax Services, and appointments with AARP for help with Low and Moderate Income Homeowners Property Tax Relief forms.
Please call the library for more information at (603) 539-6390.
Outside Drop-off and Pick-up Procedure
If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had a fever in the last 72 hours or are experiencing respiratory symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath or have muscle aches, chills, or a change in sense of taste or smell, please do not pick-up or drop off items at the library.
- Please observe social distancing when picking-up or dropping off items.
- You may search the library catalog by going to the library website at ossipee.lib.nh.us and clicking on the catalog.
- To reserve materials, please call the library at (603) 539-6390 or reserve materials online by logging into the catalog with your username and password. You may reserve a maximum of 5 books and 5 movies at a time.
- After you reserve your item(s), a librarian will call you when the items are ready and arrange a date and time for pick-up. Please wait for this call as the reserves may not be available right away.
- A table will be set up outside near the Main Entrance where the items will be placed in a bag with your Name, Date and Time of Pick-up. Only one person will be allowed at the Pick-up table at a time. Please pick-up your items quickly so others may be able to pick-up their items. Please stay at least 6 feet from other people when waiting to pick-up your items. We will do our best to arrange pick-up times so that only one patron is at the table at a time.
- The Book drop located near the Main Entrance will be open for all returns.
- During this reopening stage, you will be able to continue using your library card to borrow eBooks and Audiobooks through NH Overdrive.
- We are not accepting book donations at this time.
- Please call the library to make an appointment for copy/fax service.
AARP Property Tax Relief Help (filing the DP-8 form).
Please follow the procedure below:
- Call the library for an appointment.
- Wait in your car for an AARP representative to collect your information. Please bring the following documents with you for your appointment:
- Your last tax bill from 2019
- A copy of your 2019 tax return if you were required to file. If you don’t have your 2019 Federal Income Tax Form, bring Identification such as your Social Security Number.
- The Property Tax bill must have a residence on it (the DP-8 isn’t for Land only property).
- The AARP Representative will process your DP-8 form in the library while you wait in your car (approximately 15 minutes).
- The AARP Rep will bring the completed DP-8 form and your paperwork back to you.